Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Please pray for the Pankhurst

I was on my way back from Alexandria, North Louisiana when I received this text from a dear friend: "Please pray for my family. Our house burned down today."

About 2 days ago, Melissa text me amusingly apologizing for sending Fay's post-product to New Orleans. (She lives in Jacksonville, FL where Fay made landfall). Somehow that conversation led to me warning her to be careful with the candles as it is one of the biggest reason why some of the houses caught on fire during Katrina. We laughed at the fact that she was keeping herself occupied by burning things. Needless to say, getting that text was not funny at all.

I just received a call from her as she's buying some clothes from Walmart for tomorrow. She told me that everyone is okay, which is the most important thing. The root cause of the fire was not due to candles, thank God. A faulty electric circuit triggered this event. Nobody was home during that time except the pets, which didn't make it. The Fire department reported that it was very smoky and that luckily nobody was in the house. I don't think it's luck. I believe God to be in it. Despite being a tragic, Melissa is in a very positive spirit but she will need all the prayer and support that we can offer. God will be glorified through this tragic.

As this is happening, I am also receiving emails from work regard Gustav, a potential Cat 3 Hurricane that could make it's treacherous path towards New Orleans. We are getting ready in case Gustav does decide to hit New Orleans. The ironic part is we will be marking the 3rd year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina this Friday. God is and will still be in control.

No comments:

Twitter Updates